Monday 17 November 2008

Angry Adorna!!

Days to launch: 10!

Indeed, readers, this is a small town and the true writers who reside in it are few and far between. I’ve had to travel out of my apartment in this gated community in order to meet them, and my experience has been disappointing to say the least.

Why? You might well ask.

You MIGHT WELL ASK!

Forgive the profligate use of upper case, but Adorna is Annoyed. She is Aggrieved. In a small town, rumours travel fast. Nasty, vicious, envious rumours from spiteful little hacks, scribblers of no calibre (feel free to quote me) who should know better.

Lets clear up a few misapprehensions. Yes, I’ve been quoted as saying I owe no debt to my literary ancestors. Misquoted, in actual fact. And I will be having a work with the Journalists' Union or whatever it is very soon. Carlos is at this very moment hunting through the card file for the contact details of my legal representatives... I'm sure I filed the address between 'gun shop' and 'locksmith' but organisation isn't my strong point.

Be Warned! All of you!

A true writer is a prophet, a visionary and a seer. We write dreams that are yet to be dreamed, and we see into the future with eyes of Quink and Basildon Bond.

Q: And how do we see so far? What is the secret of our superhuman perspective?

A: By standing (As Broomington was fond of saying) on the shoulders of giants.

GIANTS.

And, as my readers and critics would tell you, Adorna’s work is particularly far seeing because she stands on the shoulders of non-giants, and even then manages to see further than your average … (Carlos – clean up this bit later, will you?)

It has been said that that bad writers borrow but the very best writers steal. Look at this little lot.

Q: Is Adorna’s name among them? Does she rank among thieves?

A: No.

Adorna is a new breed of writer. She combines genres, she produces wordage, she sips and thinks and sips some more.

Q: And what does she come up with?

A: My readers – you will have to wait until the 27th to find out, but I assure you, it will be a triumph, the literary event of the century, and a cocktail party worth buying a new outfit for.

3 comments:

Lati said...

Adorna, I quote your words (i.e. if they are even truly yours),

"A true writer is a prophet, a visionary and a seer. We write dreams that are yet to be dreamed, and we see into the future with eyes of Quink and Basildon Bond."

"Adorna is a new breed of writer. She combines genres, she produces wordage, she sips and thinks and sips some more."


If you truly comprehend those quotes…then you should be a prolific writer instead you've been accused of false claims of authorship...plagiarism is a breach of journalistic ethics. You are a complete fraud for passing someone else work as your own! You've just tarnished your (self-proclaimed visionary writer) image. I'm disgusted…


Right your wrong!!!

? said...

you are invited to a funeral

The Shoscomber said...

i shouldn't be here.
i swore to myself I'd never be associated wíth this s**t you're peddling here.
an ultimatum: produce my missing novel ASAP, or else...